As persons age, there is the inevitable struggle to preserve the youthful and beautiful features that were once so easy to maintain. However, just because you get older, it does not mean you have to look it. This article will present some of the things you can eat to look younger and more beautiful.
What you can eat to make you look younger…
The main aspect of our bodies that helps us to look younger is our skin. There are several types of foods, fruits and vegetables out there that aid in promoting healthier and younger looking skin. Some of these are presented in this section.
- Avocado – fights those cells that can cause damage to our skin, due to its rich content of Vitamin E. It also boosts the production of collagen in the body, which helps the skin to look much younger as you age.
- Tomatoes – contain an antioxidant that helps to fight off those dangerous molecules that can damage the skin cells. This antioxidant has also been found to be useful in protecting the skin against potential sun damage as well.
- Mangoes – helps the skin look younger by assisting the skin with its collagen production.
- Red Peppers – have a high Vitamin C content, and it has been found that persons with diets high in vitamin C are less prone to wrinkles.
- Red wine – contains a compound that aids in prolonging cell life, which bodes well for younger looking skin for a longer period of time
- Watermelon – another fruit that helps protect the skin from the sun’s dangerous UV rays.
- Pomegranates – helps to prevent fine lines, wrinkles and dryness of the skin by fighting those compounds that add wear and tear to the skin.
- Shellfish (for example Lobster) – their anti-inflammatory properties can aid in reducing skin issues such as acne. The zinc in shellfish heals the skin cells and helps them to renew at a faster rate.
- Eggs – our fingernails and toenails are all made of protein. Eggs can aid in reducing protein deficiency, which can help in promoting healthy nails.
- Walnuts – contain Omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E, both of which can keep hair looking hydrated and help repair damaged hair follicles. They also contain copper, which helps to preserve the richness of natural hair color (copper deficiency is a factor in premature grayness).
What you can eat to make you look more beautiful…
This is closely linked with looking younger, as a key aspect of looking beautiful is having youthful, radiant looking skin. However, having healthy nails and hair is also very important, and presented below are the ways that all three of these key factors can be addressed in our diet.
- Cranberries – cranberries have a special compound that prevents bacteria from sticking to teeth. Therefore, they can help you maintain a radiant smile.
- Oily fish (for example Salmon) – helps to maintain a healthy scalp as it contains certain vitamins that help alleviate dry scalp issues. These types of fish have the dual effect of promoting hydrated and healthy looking skin as well.
- Greek Yogurt – can help remove dark circles rom your eye.
- Kidney beans – can aid in giving you longer and stronger hair due to the presence of proteins, iron zinc and biotin.
- Pumpkin Seeds – contain a powerful antioxidant (Vitamin E) that slows down skin aging, it also contains other ingredients that help to keep your skin smooth and your hair shiny and also aids in reducing the appearance of skin issues such as acne.
- Acai Berries – these can help maintain a good blood flow to the skin, which helps you keep your pores clear leaving you with a fresher, more beautiful appearance.
- Red Cabbage – in addition to its cancer preventing properties, red cabbage can reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your skin.
- Flaxseed – keeps hormones in balance, which aids in preventing weight gain and acne.
- Carrots – contain vitamins and minerals that aid in maintaining a healthy scalp, thus maintaining healthy hair. They also kill harmful germs that can cause tooth decay.
- Mushrooms – good source of zinc and thus can help in maintaining healthy and strong hair and nails.
These are just a few foods that can make you look younger and more beautiful when you use them regularly. As is evident by these lists, looking younger and beautiful on the outside means taking care of your skin, hair, teeth and nails. Thus, by taking care of these important aspects of your appearance, you will be well on your way to being more confident in your outer appearance.