We all want a peaceful family.
Some of us more highly sensitive mamas definitely NEED this more than others.
The thing is that as a family — and human beings living under the same roof — there is bound be noise, conflict and chaos.
Over my years as a mother and working with women around the world on creating family wellness plans that TAME the chaos, I have found a few tricks that work to keep the peace.
If being peaceful as a family is something you highly value in your life, these tips will certainly help get you there one day at a time.
20 Happy Rules for a Peaceful Family
- Just Be Kind | Choose being kind over being right.
- Say Yes | And Say Yes A Lot.
- Ban Busy | Slow the heck down!
- Say Thanks | Practice Gratitude.
- Set Positive Rules | Loving, Effective Rules.
- Make Memories | Create really, really good memories.
- Notice the Beauty | It’s absolutely everywhere.
- Break Bread Together | Enjoy Peaceful Dinners
- Just be | This is the best way to be together
- Breathe | Breathe in love. Breathe out peace.
- Allow mistakes | Celebrate mistakes.
- Play | And play often.
- Be Emotional | Embrace your feelings.
- Be Flexible | Or, as I like to call it be bendy.
- Focus on the good stuff | And it’s all good stuff.
- Make Messes | Let go of the clean up.
- Remain Calm | It’s not easy for your kids either.
- Sleep | Always choose sleep.
- Embrace Imperfection | Accept human beings make mistakes.
- Go Outside | Really, all year long you should be outside.