There is no short cut to divine health. There are basic rules to it. If you must get divine health, you must follow the rules faithfully, with determination and zeal. God has done everything possible for you to be in health. That is why Jesus came. God is not the author of sickness; the devil is, and he is still planning and devising new diseases and releasing them into the world. You should know your right to health and insist on it.
Christianity is not a religion. It is the supernatural ability to live like God here on earth. If this is not real to you, you must get it right now. Anything that draws you away from the word of God is your own killer disease. It is trying and struggling to squeeze life out of you. The Word is the source of your life. If you are cut off from it, you are removed from the source of life, and that will kill you fast. Many people handle the Word with levity. They allow their Word study to be interrupted any how. This is not profitable for you. Look at the example of Mary and Martha. Martha gave herself to cooking, while her sister sat at the feet of the Master to learn.
The Lord told her, “one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part.” Simple! The better part is to listen to the Word at all available opportunities. Do not miss it. Stay where the Word is being preached. It is not how long you have been a Christian that matters, but how much you have in you. You need to get acquainted with God through studying and hearing the Word. This will be your sure anchor in life. God did not create you a struggler, He created you for victory. For you to maintain your health, you must :- Be in faith, Have a victory mentality, Let the Word of God become your identity, Be willing to accept the Word as you receive it from God. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land. Isaiah 1:19 Another translation says, If you will only let Me help you, if you will only obey, then I will make you rich in health, in prosperity, in abundance of everything. (Living Bible) Perilous times are ahead (Paul said at these times, perils will abound). What you are doing now is securing yourself properly before the times come.
Health is going to be precious, appreciable and enviable in our days, that anyone who has it will be looked upon as a king. Now is your time to get ready for it. It will not be in your favour if you begin to run helter-skelter when troubles come. You need to fortify yourself against evil times, because they will surely come. The Bible says, if you fail in the time of trouble then your strength is little. You do not need to wait for the trouble before you get ready. Stay in health. Build the Word into your system and it will keep you in health. The basic foundation for divine health is found in Acts 2:42; Proverbs 4:20-24; Hebrews 12:22-24. We shall preach the gospel of Jesus with divine health.
Take note of these ten-point ways of maintaining your divine health.
1. Faith. Your faith must constantly be in working form. Do not ever relax your faith. It is in direct conflict with the devil. That is what you use in quenching all the fiery darts of the devil. It is what you use in resisting the devil. It is a fight of faith. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith… 1 Peter 5:8-9 Do not wait for the disease before putting your faith to work. Be in faith always. That is one way you can keep sickness off your body.
2. Fasting: This is another weapon. Many Christians think fasting is optional. Jesus did not give that impression. He said, “When ye fast,” not “if ye fast.” It means fasting is for every believer. It is part of the Christian walk. There is a time you deliberately have to refuse feeding your body so that you can take time to attend to spiritual matters. God Himself chose fasting as a means of getting things done (Isaiah 58:6-7). Jesus said “this kind goeth not out, but by prayer and fasting.” Jesus Christ Himself fasted. If He did, we should also.
It is not just doing away with food, it is leaving food to be with God. It is a spiritual activity that should have all your concentration. It does not necessarily mean that your whole attention is on health. You may not even have health on your prayer list, but your fasting and attending to spiritual things – studying the Word, praying and praising, will service your physical body and renew your strength (Isaiah 40:31). If you have ever really given yourself to prayer and fasting, you will notice the refreshing that follows. You feel light. Your health comes back to you with new vigour.
Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?…Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward. Isaiah 58:6-8 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 These are fasting days. It keeps your body in shape.
3.Diligence: This is very important. A lot of people are sick and weak because they are lazy and idle. It is commonly said that the devil finds work for the idle hand. If you are always lazing around, the devil will affect you. He will strike you at a time you do not expect. There is a place for hard work in maintaining your divine health. It is obvious that an unused and uninhabited building rots away easily. Your body is God’s building. You are not to leave it idle without hard work. By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of hands the house droppeth through. Ecclesiastes 10:18 This does not mean spiritual work alone. It is both ways – spiritual and physical. God does not intend for anyone to be lazy.
He expects you to get involved in doing something. He said, do your own work. And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you. 1 Thessalonians 4:11 God wants you to contribute to maintaining your divine health through hard work. Do not complain about work. It will help your system. This is quite important. When you have worked hard, your sleep will be sound and sound sleep will help your system to improve. The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much. Ecclesiastes 5:12 It is a basic physical and spiritual law.
4. Wisdom: Wisdom is another important point you have to note. It is indispensable in all areas of your life. In fact, wisdom is indispensable in anything you are set to do. It is the principal thing in all life matters. If you ignore it, you will definitely run into difficulties. Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time. Ecclesiastes 7:17 Hard work must be merged with wisdom. You do not need to overwork yourself unnecessarily. Wisdom is essential here. The Bible says that through wisdom a house is built. We can safely say that through foolishness a house is destroyed!
5. Confession: Proverbs 4:24 says, you should put a froward mouth and perverse lips away from you. Speak health always. Do not acknowledge sickness in your body. Declare boldly. The Word of God spoken in faith from the heart is a creative force. For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. Luke 21:15 Speak it loudly, and with boldness.
6. Love: This is very important. You need a large heart to love the brethren. This will definitely work to your own advantage. You are not losing anything by loving. Everybody who is acceptable to God should be acceptable to you too. This love will help you overcome lots of difficulties in your life. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer: hath eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:14-15
7. Holiness: There is no way you can persist in sinful habits and expect to be in divine health. It is part of the terms of the covenant. If you are not serving Him in holiness and purity of life, you cannot expect Him to minister divine health to you. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin?” Galatians 2:17 Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. Romans 6:1-2 Grace for divine health cannot flourish in an atmosphere polluted with sin. Sin brought sickness, so sin must completely give way if divine health is expected to permeate your body.
8. Holy Communion: This sacrament is a way of showing faith in the finished work of Christ in your health. As often as you do it, you show the world, and confirm in your body that Christ has taken your grief and sorrow in His body and His blood is transfused into your veins.
9. The Holy Spirit: The ministry of the Holy Spirit is more than what many believers think it to be. He is very active in the believer’s life. He is the seal of the Godhead in your health. He is the chief executive of God’s plans and purposes and that includes divine health. And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30 When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19
10. Fellowship: This is the New Testament Mount Zion, as outlined in Hebrews 12:22-24 and Obadiah 17. It is God’s service center. There, your constant health is guaranteed. Go from strength to strength by appearing before God and His innumerable company of angels in Zion.
Beloved, these truths received and applied accurately, will lift you to a place of springing health. They will help you to enjoy yourself here on earth and reign in heaven with Christ.